Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My 2010 Calendar

I'm so busy these days that I don't get as much time to spend sewing and stitching as I'd like. But because it is such a treat, I think I enjoy it even more. So, over the Xmas holiday I made sure I got to spend a few hours at the sewing machine and with my embroidery hoop.

Every year I spend HOURS searching for the perfect calendar. When I stumbled across this blank fabric calendar from SeptemberHouse, I immediately knew I wanted to use some of my fabrics to personalize it. I love the way it turned out and hanging it with pant hangers seemed like the perfect accessory. I pieced together some scraps for the sides, adding some embroidery details around a few months and then backed the whole thing with freezer paper so it would have some stiffness. I finished it by top stitching the middle panel with the Birdie Dots. It makes my office very cheery!

Wishing everyone a wonderful New Year! Thank so much for all your support, 2009 has been an astoundingly amazing year and I can't wait to see what 2010 brings.
xoxo
--laurie



3 comments:

Corinne said...

Fantastic!! LOVE how this turned out! :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this! What a great idea!

Scarlett Burroughs said...

I love how you personalized your DIY Calendar so much I linked to it here
http://quilting.craftgossip.com/ta-dah-scarlet-figs-2010-fabric-calendar/2010/01/01/

With warmest regards,
Scarlett Burroughs
Quilting Editor, Craft Gossip