Monday, January 10, 2011

New fabric designs - Nesting Chairs - Available in my Etsy store soon!

Happy New Year!!

I hope 2011 has started off with a bang for all of you. My year is off to a really wonderful start and I'm just feeling so positive about everything! For whatever reason, I just know 2011 is going to be a banner year.

I've been diligently working on new designs to license both for fabric and for other categories (like bedding, tabletop and home decor etc...). I can't believe that Surtex (the big licensing trade show in NYC in May) is right around the corner. It will be my second year exhibiting and the show will be here before I know it! I've already begun some early work on my signage and booth materials and am working on loads of new designs to add to my portfolio.

And in fabric news, I just got back my first Spoonflower samples of some new fabric that I am going to have available only in my Etsy store very soon. I've been pining for new chairs and couches fabrics for the store, so I'm so excied to announce that have a new collection called Nesting Chairs. The palette is a lovely shade of goldenrod yellow and some warm and lovely greys. There are 5 patterns in the collection. I'm still working on names for each so if you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Just leave me a comment! :)

I'll be working to get the Nesting Chairs collection loaded into the store and for sale within the next week and will let you know as soon as they're available for sale. I just got so excited I wanted to share them with you!! I'd love to hear what you think.






24 comments:

Jewel said...

Super cute!

Unknown said...

Oh Laurie these are wonderful. Lovely shades of yellow and grey ... can't wait to buy some ...whoops ... am on Angela's fabric diet till March ... but anyway, soon as I'm free to buy I SHALL!

No names spring to mind yet, but that's just because I'm drinking in the loveliness ...

Reene@Nellie's Niceties said...

These are fab! I'll definitely have to get some of these!

{Leila}Where the Orchids Grow said...

yay! Laurie these are fabulous again!! Loving the new chairs and birds, grey and yellow...sigh. I want to be good this year and not break the bank on fabric but I don't think I'll be able to resist these.

Unknown said...

----> l i s t e n lady <----

that new fabric is fab! are you doing other colorways??

;)

Dolly said...

Nesting chairs ! Cute play on words with the birds' nests there ! I expected to see them stacked !

Ginger said...

Wow, so pretty. I'm in the mood for gray and yellow lately.

DianeY said...

So very cute! And I love the colors! Time to break my fabric diet-oh well, I made it 10 days!

Katie said...

Wow! I love this collection and MUST have some.

Patricia Newhouse said...

Wonderful, love the designs, can't wait to use...

AJSnow said...

obsessing over this! I love chairs. Can't wait to get some.

Bellgirl said...

Another lovely collection, congratulations!

Lori said...

I thought that fabric couldn't get more cute than Tufted Tweets. Wow, these are fabulous!!!!

AnneMarie said...

I love the simplicity of your designs. Great color combo - can't wait!

AnneMarie @ Gen X Quilters

Regan said...

Amazing.....Im gonna need this!

Vickie E said...

oh I like this!!!

Beverly said...

I think I'm in love!

Poppyprint said...

Nesting chairs, love that! I can't even think of names for my quilts, so I'm afraid I'm not much help in that department. I think you've got a hit on your hands with the colours you've chosen for this new line!

Dana said...

I'm not very clever when it comes to making up names, but you are certainly clever at coming up with cute fabric!! I love them all! The birdies are just too cute and those swirlies are sooooo lovely!!

Ashley said...

what a great new collection! love those long-legged birds!! And I'm with Heather - will you be printing them in other colorways?

Unknown said...

It's a good thing it's dinnertime here because I'm drooling and I can pass it off as hunger. Love, love, love every one!

Karin Grow said...

Love all the swirly-ness of the new designs.

ilovebabyquilts said...

I actually said OMG out loud! LOVE!!!!!!

mascanlon said...

I love these new designs...especially the yellow...of course!