Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Duvet cover - Almost done!

Well, I'm slowly but surely continuing to make progress on the duvet cover. The top is pieced! I LOVE the way it's coming together and I can hardly wait to get it finished and on my bed. Even if my points don't quite match up (at all!), I still love, love it.


Next up is piecing together the two halves of the back fabric (more gorgeous DS fabric!) and mastering the 10 button closure. I'm hoping to get it wrapped up before end of week. But I keep getting delayed by cuteness like this! I love the way when Dexter decides that its time to groom Fiona that the best way to do that is simply to park on top of her. Dorks.


And although not specific to this duvet, entirely too cute not to share. And no, he's not supposed to be sleeping on that fabric but how could I move him?


Nor is she supposed to be hanging out up here!

9 comments:

Reene@Nellie's Niceties said...

It looks lovely Laurie! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has badly behaved points ;)

Hannah said...

I can't wait to see this one! (Your cats are adorable, btw.)

Carla said...

Congrats on your progress! Don't worry, my points don't always match either.

Tonni said...

The pic of the cat on top of the other cat is hilarious! I LOVE your duvet cover!

Jeannette said...

Duet is beautiful but the cats are too funny!!!

mle said...

Oh your duvet cover is looking great!
My cats do the same thing! fabric is like a magnet for them, they can't resist it!

Anonymous said...

Love your duvet, but must admit that the pic of Fiona on Dexter is priceless--we got a good giggle out of it.

Ashley said...

it is gorgeous!! I'm sure this will look stunning on your bed! Love that last photo, too - cats always find interesting spots to sleep, don't they! (love the quilt stack too!)

Nova said...

It's looking fab Laurie!
Your cats are hilarious!!!
x