Tuesday, April 24, 2012

More llama llove

You guys all know that I simply love to see pictures of what you make with my fabric. So when I got an email the other day from Daria from Kamloops BC of the llama baby quilt she'd made, I was beyond tickled. How brilliant is this quilt?!  There are so many things I love about it: keeping the baby's birth information prominent, the pinwheels in the corners (love, love), the yellow sashing that just makes it pop, and of course the 4 llamas standing watch in the corners. It's just adorable Daria!!

One of the things I find the most special about quilts are their enduring quality and the idea that they will be held onto for so many years. Especially baby quilts which will have so many memories associated with them. I hope Benjamin and his family will get many a giggle from the llama keeping them company!!

If you're interested, I still have llama panels and fabric available in my Etsy store here.



8 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Really really cute x

Jennifer said...

That is super cute!

Jennifer :)

Unknown said...

Oh, I really love this! I have a friend who is expecting, and doesnt now the sex of the baby. I was going to wait to make a quilt, but theses llamas would be perfect for a unisex quilt!
Is this Spoonflower fabric in your shop?

Donna said...

so cute!!! Lorenzo's mad at me now - wants to know when it's his turn.... and seeing this I feel like maybe a pillow just isn't enough llama for me!!! :-)

Poppyprint said...

And with Minky on the back! perfect!

Holly said...

I love to see what my fellow BC quilters are up to. Great work, Daria! What a lucky baby!

Unknown said...

this is so nice!!! love the soft backing!

charlotte said...

I recently made a baby quilt for my newest grandson who is due soon. I used your Jack and Jenny fabric line and I loved how it turned out. You can see it here
http://grammieq.blogspot.com/2012/04/baby-quilts.html

Thanks for such great fabrics!