Monday, May 2, 2011

Pooches & Pickups - Burp Cloths

I totally forgot to show these to you guys! As I'm sure you're aware, one of modern quilting's favorite gals, Ashley of Film in the Fridge, recently had her first baby. And he's seriously cute as a bug. Ashley has created some amazing quilts for me since we first met via our blogs a few years ago. And although my sewing skills are somewhat limited, I wanted to make her a little something. So I sewed up this set of burp cloths backed with chenile. I wish I had remembered to note the size but I'm pretty sure they're each roughly the size of a fat quarter or maybe a tad bigger. They were easy and fun to sew and I loved getting to send a little surprise to Ashley and Max.

8 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Very cute!

Vicky said...

These are really cute. I love this fabric line.

Megan said...

Haha! Guess what I'm working on right now? I hope to get the post up this week - it's slow sewing around here these days at 32 weeks preggo!

Ginger said...

Those are so cute! I can't wait to get my hands on that fabric!!!

shelia said...

darlin!
i do believe my grand baby boy is going to need some of those real soon :)

Laurie Wisbrun | Scarlet Fig said...

Thanks so much! I'm so glad you like them. They were sooo easy to sew. And I'm hoping the line starts arriving in stores SOON!!

Megan - Can't wait to see it!!! 32 weeks. And still knitting and sewing up a storm!

Pam said...

I want this fabric so bad that I feel like I've been waiting forever. I hope it hits stores soooonn!!!

Ashley said...

We all love them, Laurie! It was so sweet of you to think of us! And now I think of you every time I put one of these to use (and that's quite often -- babies are messy!!)