Sunday, October 23, 2011

Max's Wonky Donkey Quilt

A few months ago I got an email that absolutely just tickled me. I heard from Michelle, who was making her very first quilt. And the quilt was to be for her nephew, Max, who can be frequently be found cruising about wearing his wellies. Turns out they are pretty much the only shoes he'll wear. :) 

So of course, my Donkeys and Wellies fabric and Kate Conklin's Wonky Donkey pattern fit the bill for Michelle and Max's quilt. I was touched when Michelle sent me a picture of Max's finished quilt. Isn't it darling!? Just perfect for a wellie-lovin' little boy! Have fun with your new quilt Max!

Also, a quick reminder that I will be retiring my Donkeys in Wellies and the Polar Bears fabric at the end of the month. They're 15% off through the 31st of October, so this is a great time to stock up on these colors before they're gone . (Here are more details on when Robert Kaufman will have the new colors/designs available...) If you need more yardage than what's listed in the store, just let me know and I can set up a custom listing for you. :)