Thursday, November 13, 2008

Long overdue post


Sorry I've been so long without a post. I've been super busy so here's a quick update.

NEW Spoonflower fabric! What do you think? I am finally going to get all 3 of the fabrics up on Etsy for sale this weekend. FINALLY! Not sure what has been taking me so long on that...hmmm....



Have also been busy sewing pockets for the kitchen aprons. Friends of mine will probably recognize this style from your holiday gifts a few years ago!...Don't you just love the pom poms? They tie around the waist and are knee length. Like barista aprons but with sass. I've been calling them the Saute, Bake and Play aprons. ;)



This was the enormous pile of fabric for the fabric covered books. I nearly sold out of them at the last 2 shows so had to replentish the supply. Finally got to the bottom of the piletoday and finished them! 50 books ready to go to new homes now! Yahoo! I think I will take a break from book sewing for a while. I think that's called "book burnout".



AND I just mailed off my submission application to have one of my quilts (made it a few years ago) included in a book (about quilts surprisingly enough...) Here's two quick pics. I just love this one. I should get pictures of my other quilts up on the blog too...





I'm ridiculously happy and so glad to have made the leap and gotten off the corporate hamster wheel. I'm the poorest I've been in a long time, but also the happiest. Whoo hoo happiness!

2 comments:

JAV said...

I don't know - sounds like you have the right kind of wealth, my dear. Although I imagine Zappos misses you...

Laurie Wisbrun | Scarlet Fig said...

Joanie...Oh you are so wise! And you are correct. Wealth is all relative isn't it. And yes, I know Zappos misses me. I have not bought a new pair of shoes since I left OM. Can you believe it????