Monday, April 4, 2011

Wow. What beautiful pillows!

I know you guys have heard me say this before, but I really love to see what you create with my fabric!! I received a sweet note from Kate over at Needle and Spatula letting me know that her mom was buying her some of my Nesting Chairs fabric for Kate's birthday. (Thanks Kate's Mom!) So, I was really hoping Kate would share pictures of her pillows once she stitched them up. Imagine my delight to see these pictures pop up in my Flickr group.


I just LOVE the way Kate pieced these together, don't you? Each one is so different and they make a gorgeous trio. She's used my Nesting Chairs fabrics and the yellow boxes (yummy and they are a great pairing for the yellow in Nesting Chairs!) are from Patty Young's Sanctuary line. One my favorite parts of Kate's posts is that she made these for pillows couch she doesn't yet have. I did the exact same thing with pillows for my couch...I was so excited about a new couch I could just picture it and wanted it to be decked out in all sorts of pillow finery. So my couch pillows were sewn well in advance of my new couch too. :) [I'm also noticing in looking at the pics from that post that my cats are getting really fat! Oops...]

Kate's written 2 posts about her Nesting Chairs pillows - here and here so head on over there to read more about how she created her gorgeous pillows.

6 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

They are beautiful!

Lesley Grainger said...

so pretty. I see your designs in Anthropologie!!

MissGinger said...

do you have someone who wholesales your fabric in the uk?

Kate S. said...

Thanks so much for sharing my pillows Laurie! I love the fabric and it was so fun to get to play with and come up with different designs to show it off!

HeathersTreasure said...

Absolutely gorgeous, I love them.

Pam said...

Love the pillows and the fabric. Your fabric design are so unique, fabulous.