Friday, December 2, 2011

Modern Whimsy shower wrap

I have a mop of curly hair, which means some time standing under the blow dryer every day. And sometime last year I used some scrap fabric to sew up a little shower wrap for myself. And I'll admit that it's seen better days and looks more like a rag than a wrap. 

So as soon as I got my cuts of Modern Whimsy, I knew I wanted to use the blue Rabbit Trellis and the pink Circles to make a pretty new wrap for myself. It was easy peasy and came together in an hour or so over the Thanksgiving weekend. One big panel of fabric and I just used some 1" elastic at the top to hold the whole thing up. Used the blue Circles to make some piping for the bottom and a little hanger for the door. Ta da!!



I can't wait for you guys to start getting your hands on some Modern Whimsy too!! So, I'm working on a new fun giveaway. And it's gonna be a big one! :) 12 days of goodies from all of my lines. I'm a bit under the weather (so blogging from bed today) so as soon as I'm back up and functioning again, I'll get the contest going. 12 days of goodies coming your way soon!!

11 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Get well soon!
That is a beautiful looking wrap - great idea.
I am already in love Modern Whimsy from these glimpses xxx

Hannah said...

I LOVE this line!

molly::applecyder said...

hope you feel better soon. i adore everything you design, but those bunnies!!!!! they are awesome.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Get better quick! Modern Whimsey is lovely!

Little Island Quilting said...

Your wait may almost be over ;-)

Bry said...

This is awesome!! Not only do I need YARDS of the blue bunnys but I need a shower wrap too!

Ashley said...

What a great idea Laurie!! And it looks especially wonderful made out of those lovely new prints! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some!!
Hope you feel better soon !!

Anonymous said...

We need a modelling shot please!

Laurie Wisbrun | Scarlet Fig said...

Stash Avalanche: I nearly just coughed up a lung you had me laughing so hard. You have no idea how hilarious and pathetic that shot would be. After being in my sick bed for 2 days with dirty hair that would be a simply smashing image. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your work!! and I'm sorry you are under the weather..hope you get strong again soon!

mary said...

Beautiful line of fabric!!!!