Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Having mild anxiety attack...Surtex countdown...

How can it be that I am leaving for Surtex in just over a week?!? Holy cow. Taking a big deep breath now...

What's left to do? I'm putting the finishing touches on my portfolio and wrapping up a few final things for the press kits and then all the stuff gets shipped to NYC. It's almost all boxed and ready to go! I would love to share some of the show experience with you, so I'll make sure to take picture of the booth and I'll post a recap when I get back to Austin (or maybe from the big apple if I'm still able to spell after the long show days).

Thankfully I didn't know how much work it was going to be to get ready and how many little details there would be to take care of. Had I known, I never would have been brave enough to sign up to do it. This time, ignorance was definitely bliss. :)

Even though I'm terrified to do the show (yes I think perhaps I have moved past nervous to mildly terrified), I'm also really excited. I am really happy with all the new designs I've done for Surtex and can't wait to get the work in front of some new contacts. Such big dreams I have for these little designs! And, there's a possibility (tee hee, I'm such a tease...) that you just might be seeing a few of my new favorites make their way onto fabric and into my Etsy store by sometime next month! :)

Finally, if any of you are going to be at the show, please come and say hello! My cousin Danielle and I will be in booth 553 and we'd love to say a quick hello! I think it is super fantastic that's she's travelling all the way from Colorado to help me at the show! Thanks D! You are amazing and can't wait to see you next week. xoxo

4 comments:

Kate said...

Good luck in Surtex. You have nothing to be nervous about. Your designs will sell themselves! Always excited to see what you come up with next.

Will be watching out for photos from the booth.

underthreefeet said...

Yes, You can't go wrong with these awesome fabrics. Can't wait for them to come out myself!

Coco Dowley said...

Laurie
You are going to do very well at SURTEX! Your designs are fresh, exciting, and your colorations wonderful!! The connections you make will make this all worthwhile. Have fun and just believe in your great talent! I have been in the design licensing world on and off for 24 years. I participated in the first SURTEX and remember clearly all of what you are feeling. If I make it to NYC to walk around, I will definitely stop by and meet you.
Coco

katie walker said...

good luck at surtex!! im a textile student in toronto, and some of us are coming down next week to see the show, and im so excited!! i'll have to stop by the booth!