Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Surtex bound!

Well I'm off in a cloud of dust! I head out Friday for NYC and Surtex. My nerves have calmed and now I'm just brimming with excitement. Thank you all for your emails and your comments with words of encouragement and positive feedback. You have each made me feel very special and I really can't express to you how much your support means to me.

I was able to squeeze in a tiny bit of sewing time in the last few days and made a super cute new top. I've been reading on some of your blogs about how wonderfully clear Sew Liberated's Schoolhouse Tunic pattern is, so I was keen to give a try. I'm not great at following directions (I tend to want to skip ahead...), so I was a bit skeptical. But I have to agree that it is a wonderful pattern and easy to follow!



It didn't take too long at all and I'm so happy with how it turned out. Of course, it would have taken less time and a whole lot less seam ripping if I had actually read the instructions in the last step more carefully. When you are rushing and sew the skirt part of the tunic on inside out, it takes more time to actually finish. :)

I unfortunately didn't get a chance to have someone snap a picture of me wearing my cute new top, so I'll make sure I get one when in NYC. I made it from Sorbet Birdie Dots from my new line for Robert Kaufman and think it turned out pretty darn cute! IOU one photo of me in my Tweets top. :)



My store will be open while I'm gone, but orders won't ship until after I return. I'll start shipping again the week of 5/24. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Marg M said...

Good luck, every thing will go well and enjoy.

Kristopher K said...

Best of luck Laurie, wishing you great success at Surtex :)
Cheers Kris

Ana said...

Good luck and have fun! And wow them in your new top!

RWL said...

Good luck - and have fun!!! (I live in NYC and think it's the best.)

Jenn~ said...

Excited for you...have fun....and we need an overload of pics when you get back!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, buena suerta, bon chance!!!!!! (I don't know good luck in any other languages). You deserve all of them...8-)....and I can't wait until I can order some of that yummy new fabric to go with my donkeys in wellies set! I love the red and orange (my fav. color), but the purple and green colorways are drawing me in, too!

StudioCherie said...

I am sure it will be awesome for you!

benbel said...

Good luck! Buena suerte! (spanish)