Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tufted Tweets goes to Quilt Market

I know I'm a bit delayed in getting this posted, but I wanted to show you what Tufted Tweets looked like at it's big debut at Quilt Market in Minneapolis. Sadly, I didn't get to attend Market as it was 2 days after Surtex and I just couldn't swing the trip.

But my dear friend Margaret, was nice enough to snap some photos for me. And by the by, Margaret is opening an online fabric store, Form and Fabric, that is going to be AMAZING. Some very cool stuff she's working on indeed. Make sure you sign up to be notified when she has her grand opening. I can hardly wait for a fabric infusion for my stash!

If you remember, Ashley at Film in the Fridge designed the gorgeous Unfurnished quilt using Tufted Tweets and it looks like it was beautifully displayed in the booth. The pattern for the quilt will be available for download from Robert Kaufman in June so I'll keep you posted on when you can get it. And of course I'll keep you posted on when you can get the fabric! It's shipping in June so start checking at your local quilt store for it very soon! I'm hoping to get a list of stores that will be carrying it and when I have one I'll get it listed here somewhere.






And on a totally different note, some of you guys have eagle eyes and noticed the laminate trays in my Surtex booth with my patterns on them. I had those mocked up for the show to demonstrate what my patterns would look like on trays and dishes. So keep your fingers crossed that some fabulous company wants to get more of those made! For now there are 3 of them in the world...

9 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

Can you hear my fingers drumming on my desk? SOOO impatient for this fabulous fabric to start shipping. I want to start sewing with it!! Laurie, you are on the brink of something huge. Hang on and enjoy the ride!

Kelley O said...

Just a quick note to remind you that...... I LOVE TUFTED TWEETS!!!! Every time I get a glimpse of it I drool all over myself. The time can't get here soon enough to get some, I'm holding off on starting any projects until I can get my hands on some.
Thank you for the great fabric and keep it coming!
Kelley Oletzke

Anonymous said...

The waiting for this to be available is killing me! I love this so much. You are one talented lady!

marthachick said...

Wooho! You are so awesome!

mcregan said...

I love this fabric Laurie--in all colorways!

Cindy said...

Oh, just so awesome Laurie!!! Can't wait! I'm sure some fabulous company will pick up on your patterns for their housewares. It's just tooo cute not to!! :)
Congrats!
Cindy

Kona Bay Fabrics Blog said...

Hi Laurie-

Thanks for blogging about your Quilt Market activities!

As a vendor at Quilt Market, I do not always get a chance to get out and look at all the beautiful booths so thanks for sharing!!


Douglas Eagleson
President, Kona Bay Fabrics

http://www.konabay.com

Dorrie said...

Oh, Laurie~it's such a great line. The LQS where I work was advanced half-yards and guess who gets to make the store sample. . .ME! Excited, oh, yes I do believe. But someone needs to speak with the powers that be at Kaufman regarding those SUPER cute donkeys in rainboots~please, please, please! Congratulations, you've so much to be proud of!

Unknown said...

لب و مهم‌ترین علل پوسته پوسته شدن لب‌
چروک و کرم برای از بین بردن لک های پیری روی پوست
زایمان و نحوه رفع خستگی زنان پس از زایمان