Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Making progress

I know that I've been absent from posting since I arrived in Austin. It's been a whirlwind of activity. I've been sewing and creating like a crazy person and loving every minute of it. There are some holiday shows here in Oct/Nov/Dec and the deadlines for submissions are looming. So I'm creating as fast as I can so I have some samples for my applications.

So far, there have been some winners and some losers. Pictures of everything will be shot this weekend, so I will get them posted soon. I promise.

I've been making some pillows that I really love so those can go in the winner pile. The baby quilts were a disaster. I couldn't sew them fast enough to make production realistic, so they are going on a back burner. I've been doing some collage that I'm pretty excited about. I think I am going to scan them in and get them printed as notecards. I've ordered some yardage of some fabric I designed so am anxiously awaiting it's shipment from North Carolina.

I've also been working on getting the website built and getting my online store ready. I will have something up by this weekend. I'm still waiting on a bunch of materials so it will be a small sampling to start, but you have to start somewhere, right?

My friend Brian has been amazing and has built me the prettiest logo, business card and header for the website. And my new company's name is...

I will send out an email to everyone once the store is officialy up. Again, thanks for everyone's support!
--laurie

2 comments:

gerald said...

You go girl! Can't wait to see the work (labor of love)

I can't remember if I told you that Rachel got an internship at the Guggenhiem. Woo Hoo!


gt

Laurie Wisbrun | Scarlet Fig said...

That's great news! I'm sure she is going to love living in NY. I really, really miss the city!